Helping you to understand and manage neurodiversity in the workplace

We deliver neurodiversity training to help change the way employers treat and think about their staff.

Want to be a Thrive Neurodiversity Instructor?

Thrive Mental Health & Wellbeing_Simon Nicols_Mental Health First Aid England

Thrive was created with a single goal in mind – treating you and your mental health with care and compassion.


Helping one person at a time to thrive. This simple vision remains the beating heart of the extensive training programmes we have developed.


We’re committed to sweeping away the stigma and myths that are still associated with neurodivergence. And we’re committed to being a driving force in changing the way employers treat and think about their staff.

What we offer

  • Comprehensive training so you can become a Thrive Neurodiversity Instructor.
  • CPD-certified neurodiversity training, webinars and workshops for employers.
  • The full suite of MHFA England Mental Health training via our Accredited Instructors.
  • Full corporate and bespoke training packages and gap analysis for mental health and neurodiversity at work.
  • Regular open courses and online workshops for individuals seeking to improve their awareness of neurodiversity and mental health.

Simon Nichols – Founder

Why do you need neurodiversity training?

Understanding and supporting neurodiversity is essential for businesses who truly value their employees.

Neurodivergence describes people who think differently to the majority. It’s often used concerning neurodevelopmental conditions including autism, Attention Deficit Hyperactive Disorder (ADHD), and dyslexia.

In the past these conditions were viewed as “problems” that needed fixing. Thankfully, progressive thinking means that we now focus on celebrating and supporting neurodiversity.

Thrive’s Neurodiversity In The Workplace training equips you with the tools to recognise and unlock the potential of neurodiverse talent in your business.

Why is maintaining mental strength important for us?

Good mental strength is so important to help deal with all that life throws at you. It allows you to manage your thoughts, and to regulate and control your emotions.

We have anywhere between 2000-3000 thoughts per hour – that’s just under a thought per second! On average nearly 95% of those are unconscious thoughts that are repeated daily. But what of the other 5% – how can we make sure they are good thoughts? Can we get mentally strong?

It’s surprisingly easy for negative thoughts just push their way in. But this is entirely natural, and is caused by hormones released into the brain which fuel our “flight or fight” responses to stressful situations. And sometimes we must battle to get our positive thoughts back on top. But with practice, this can be achieved.

Lots of people struggle with “all or nothing thinking”. But with time and skill, we can manage our reactions to these thoughts and learn to look beyond them. Or we can learn to focus again on a single positive thought to get us through the day.

With training, techniques, and a toolkit of experience at your disposal, developing mental strength will happen. You will start to see a positive impact on the way you live your life.

What is mental health and why do we need it?

Mental health is the state of our emotional, psychological, and social well-being.

It affects how we think, feel, and behave. It is made up from our life experiences, our upbringing, and all the various challenges and problems we have faced in life. It’s essentially how we see and cope with the world around us.

Our mental resilience helps determine how we handle stress, how we relate and react to others, and how we make our life choices.

Mental health is crucial at every stage of our lives, from childhood through to adulthood. Adolescence in particular is a crucial time. For example, 75% of predisposed mental health conditions are developed under the age of 18.

If you have experienced mental health issues, then your thinking, your mood, and your behaviour will probably have been affected.

What factors contribute to mental health problems:

  • Biological aspects such as genetics or brain chemistry
  • Life experiences such as trauma, neglect and abuse
  • Family history of mental health problems